Magento has recently launched 2.4.1 version that brings about numerous developments in both editions: Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce. This version came up with several opportunities for Magento Merchants along with the customers.
This blog focuses on Magento 2.4.1 release notes and everything you need to know to implement it effectively for your online eCommerce store.
Important Features Of Magento 2.4.1
- Includes Adobe Stock Integration.
- Addon CAPTCHA security for reimbursement and order united with API endpoints.
- Update support Same Site cookie.
- Fix 150 core code difficulties
- Additional 15 security improvements
- Enhancement in performance, PWA Studio, infrastructure, GraphQL, and more!
Magento 2.4.1 Security-Only Patch
Many businesses owning Magento 2.4.1 are now obliged to install a time-sensitive security fix without affecting the number of functional fixes.
- It also includes all hotfixes involved in the Magento 2.4.0 version.
- Furthermore, the security-only patch 22.214.171.124 allows the fixed vulnerabilities that were identified in the past quarterly Magento 2.4.0 release.
Important Security Improvements
Magento 2.4.1 covers more than 15 security developments to cancel XSS (cross-site scripting) and RCE (remote code execution) vulnerabilities.
It also involves the add-on CAPTCHA protection for endpoints to the Payment-related REST and GraphQL together with the Place Order storefront page and GraphQL and REST endpoints.
With the SameSite cookie attribute, Google Chrome implementation of the current cookie classification system will be recommended.
The superior Magento Scan Tool with the collaboration of Sanguine Security allows the merchants to get real-time penetrations into the security rate of their site via the proactive declaration of malware and minimization of fake positives. Therefore, protecting it against digital warnings and malware.
This Magento 2.4.1 announcement states improvement to core quality that made exceptional improvements not only in the Framework quality but also in the below functional areas.
- Promotions and Targeting
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
The extent of network transfer within Redis and Magento is now reduced significantly. So, execution time and network cache size in various conditions are also reduced.
Consumer queue CPU consVenia mini-cart experience motion would reduce by 20%. This results in extensive control over consumers and saves immense resources.
Additionally, Magento 2.4.1 increases the performance time for “Bin/Magento” commands.
Brand-New Media Gallery
The release of Magento 2.4.1 allowed New Media Gallery for ADMIN. Now, Merchants are authorized to implement the following operations in the Media Gallery:
Magento 2.4.1 Gallery
- By identifying duplicate images and unused images of the storefront, media storage is completely optimized.
- Bulk images can now be eliminated easily
- Images are refined by the storefront area
- View of the metadata from the images is improved.
- Search for images using their metadata and edit image metadata is renewed, too.
Magento 2.4.1 offers new innovations and improvements for PWA Studio:
- Revive with the Venia style guide (for design page layouts, typography, tokens, and some core elements).
- Sanitate Venia mini-cart experience: Includes the primary support for multiple locales and limited content in Venia storefront.
- GraphQL: The release of Magento 2.4.1highlights GraphQL covers:
- Product Reviews: Enables all customers and visitors to write product reviews as well as recover the history of previous product reviews.
- Gift options: Clients and guests are able to add gift messages to their orders.
- Order history: Consumers can examine details about their order history, along with invoices, discounts, shipping, and refunds.
- Customer accounts are now in more meticulous management.
Magento 2.4.1 also allows stored payment methods for logged in customers and the Support for wishlists in the Magento Open Source edition.
Magento Commerce 2.4.1 release takes in
According to Magento, this latest version is implemented to prepare your store for the forthcoming holiday season as it allows:
- Enhance Page Builder: full-screen mode which supports the administrator to alter the content regularly during the Workspace.
- Sitewide analysis tool dashboard integration.
- Ahead order approval.
- Updated B2B shipping ways: It now can be measured with a full range of configuration selection.
- Developed B2B shoppers’ shopping carts: They can unblock the shopping cart content in just a single action.
- Offers new admin features in Magento Commerce 2.4.1 version.
Over to You
Every Magento store proprietor is passionate about updating their Magento 2 Stores to the latest version Magento 2.4.1.
Hope this piece covers all aspects of the latest Magento 2.4.1 version fully. Upgrade your Magento 2 stores to Magento 2.4.1 directly if you don’t want to abstain those innovations.